Easter Seals

www.easterseals.com
  www.easterseals.com
There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals

An excellent and positive workplace environment.

Former Employee - Marketing and Corporate Relations Intern in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Marketing and Corporate Relations Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Easter Seals as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

great culture, unbeatable office location, passionate workers, strong internship program that allows interns to capitalize on their strengths

Cons

There are no downsides to the Easter Seals Internship Program. Would highly recommend to other students wanting to expand their skills in public relations

172 Other Employee Reviews for Easter Seals (View Most Recent)

Dropping like flies

Current Employee - Workforce Development Specialist in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Workforce Development Specialist in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None, I pull my hair out and scream in frustration daily. My office alone has seen a 65 percent turn over in just the last year alone.

Cons

Very low pay, verbal harassment from upper management, When harassment was brought to HR they said that it would not make a difference because of the importance of the upper manager the issue would more than likely be dropped. HR also plays favorites when it comes to transfers and will regularly pass up highly qualified individuals for friends with little to no experience.

If you want people to succeed don't name call employees and embarrass them in front of clients

Okay work if you want to be in social service and can't afford college.

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate
    Former Employee - Direct Support Associate

I worked at Easter Seals full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All you need is a GED to be eligible for the job. Paid training, paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, on-time payments. There were opportunities for advancement and often people were promoted from within (though the higher-level jobs usually required more than a GED).

Cons

The training was two weeks full time, but then almost nothing I learned in the training applied to the work. I never did receive my CPR certificate from the initial training. It didn't feel like a real job. I picked the client up at his house and drove around 30 hours a week with the client doing things like going to the gym, the library, malls, fast-food restaurants - wherever he wanted to go. I tried to interact with him and use some of the training, but all he wanted to do was play on his iphone. I went to the office for monthly meetings and that was about it for contact with the rest of the staff. The supervisor would respond to text messages but let emails go unanswered.

There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals