Easter Seals

www.easterseals.com
  www.easterseals.com
There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals

Expanded way too quickly and quality of care has continued to sink

Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA

I worked at Easter Seals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I learned a lot while working here, especially early on, because the quality of the program was high and the atmosphere was very team-oriented. When they suddenly had to bulk up staffing to fulfill a huge new contract with Kaiser, though, things began to unravel.

Cons

No sense of community. High turnover. Inadequate training - specifically hiring inexperienced Behavioral Interventionists who did not receive enough training or ongoing support and guidance. Benefits and starting pay were also cut during this time. The review process was disorganized and inaccurate, relying on feedback on the quality of my work from a supervisor who never observed me or responded to my emails or phone calls about the case we worked on together.

I actually feel sorry for the management because they were clearly in over their heads and could not manage. Most of the managers I met were very dedicated to the cause, but there were simply not enough hours in the day or resources to keep the program afloat.

179 Other Employee Reviews for Easter Seals (View Most Recent)

Good place to work but too much turn-over

I worked at Easter Seals

Pros

Fun and overall supportive staff who are very good ABA practitioners. The system they use, the early start Denver model, is a very strong modality.

Cons

The work, while incredibly rewarding was repetitive and quite emotionally draining. I saw a lot of challenging family situations; be ready for intensity!

Maintain your talent by paying them market wages. Offer support and raises. Make sure your program supervisors

Easter Seals Steals Your Soul and Talents

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some flexibility - because the organization is constantly creating new policy and making radical changes it is frustrating to deliver on unrealistic expectations and no measurable goals to the coordinators. Promotion is done by default - who ever is able to stay the longest and under-perform with no real training and good at having poor communication with staff. Across the board the worst nonprofit for dedicated people, but if you are lazy, low performing and can push blame easily this could work for someone who just needs a job.

Cons

Terrible office culture with poor employee work ethics on supervisory and management levels. Even though they enjoy making rules that change daily, it is counter productive to the population it is trying to serve. The Southern California Service Coordinating Management enjoy wasting half of the day socializing and push required tasks to others by not taking responsibility or accountability for work on a daily basis. Revolving door of staff and employees are sent out of the organization like a magic trick never to be seen or heard of again. It is unfortunate because it is a needed service for families with disabilities and they fail daily on providing low quality service with subpar and minimal support.

Check your therapy centers culture and create policy do not make it up on the spot!

There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals