There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals

Expanded way too quickly and quality of care has continued to sink

Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA

I worked at Easter Seals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot while working here, especially early on, because the quality of the program was high and the atmosphere was very team-oriented. When they suddenly had to bulk up staffing to fulfill a huge new contract with Kaiser, though, things began to unravel.

Cons

No sense of community. High turnover. Inadequate training - specifically hiring inexperienced Behavioral Interventionists who did not receive enough training or ongoing support and guidance. Benefits and starting pay were also cut during this time. The review process was disorganized and inaccurate, relying on feedback on the quality of my work from a supervisor who never observed me or responded to my emails or phone calls about the case we worked on together.

Advice to Management

I actually feel sorry for the management because they were clearly in over their heads and could not manage. Most of the managers I met were very dedicated to the cause, but there were simply not enough hours in the day or resources to keep the program afloat.

Other Employee Reviews for Easter Seals

1. Good place to work but too much turn-over

Pros

Fun and overall supportive staff who are very good ABA practitioners. The system they use, the early start Denver model, is a very strong modality.

Cons

The work, while incredibly rewarding was repetitive and quite emotionally draining. I saw a lot of challenging family situations; be ready for intensity!

Advice to Management

Maintain your talent by paying them market wages. Offer support and raises. Make sure your program supervisors

2. A decent place to work

Current Employee - Pre K Teacher in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Pre K Teacher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits and professional development are very nice

Cons

currently undergoing some changes in corporate management that are making some things difficult within the centers.