There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals

Good place to work but too much turn-over

I worked at Easter Seals

Pros

Fun and overall supportive staff who are very good ABA practitioners. The system they use, the early start Denver model, is a very strong modality.

Cons

The work, while incredibly rewarding was repetitive and quite emotionally draining. I saw a lot of challenging family situations; be ready for intensity!

Advice to Management

Maintain your talent by paying them market wages. Offer support and raises. Make sure your program supervisors

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very awful place to work

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Easter Seals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits, friendly upper management, a few nice families, and so kind teachers

Cons

disrespectful management, rude teachers, teachers do not have a clue about developmentally appropriate practice. Parents a two faced and treat the teachers terribly.

Advice to Management

Stop being rude, and using your staff against each other.

Love the families and kiddos, disappointed in upper management

Current Employee - Program Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work that is done is life changing. I love the families and kiddos we work with and it is incredibly rewarding. We also have an amazing staff of BI's and Program supervisors that make the job that much more enjoyable. I feel like I work with some of the most amazing people anf have such a super dun job most of the time.

Cons

The organization has expanded to quickly and upper management has grown too large. They have lost sight of the mission of the company of the people that make it happen. This agency could not change lives without the very hard work and dedication of the interventionists and Program supervisors. However, the management team seems to care little about these employees and retaining them....So Sad.

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation for the employees making the biggest impact in the company. Show how much you really value your employees instead of giving yourselves huge paychecks and bonuses and cutting back on everyone else's pay. Offer opportunities for professional growth and advancement like supervision hours for people seeking licenses. Be consistent when implementing new policies and empathic in the delivery when it is going to negatively impact people's lives and their ability to function from day-day.