There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals

Very mission-oriented place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easter Seals has a good sense of its mission and is very deliberate about reminding all of us the purpose behind our work.

Cons

The organization can be a bit top-heavy at times and there are siloes although the organization has made strides in addressing these issues.

reviews filtered by

Expanded way too quickly and quality of care has continued to sink

Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA

I worked at Easter Seals full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot while working here, especially early on, because the quality of the program was high and the atmosphere was very team-oriented. When they suddenly had to bulk up staffing to fulfill a huge new contract with Kaiser, though, things began to unravel.

Cons

No sense of community. High turnover. Inadequate training - specifically hiring inexperienced Behavioral Interventionists who did not receive enough training or ongoing support and guidance. Benefits and starting pay were also cut during this time. The review process was disorganized and inaccurate, relying on feedback on the quality of my work from a supervisor who never observed me or responded to my emails or phone calls about the case we worked on together.

I actually feel sorry for the management because they were clearly in over their heads and could not manage. Most of the managers I met were very dedicated to the cause, but there were simply not enough hours in the day or resources to keep the program afloat.

2. Uneducated, unorganized, no collaboration between supervisors.

Former Employee - Program Manager in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Riverside, CA

I worked at Easter Seals full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary is consistent with most other agencies int he area for Program Managers.

Cons

Many of the Program Managers are incompetent, Interventionists do not get enough in-home training, no disciplinary procedures for BI's so there is no respect for their supervisors. So many things wrong with this agency...

There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals