There are newer employer reviews for Easter Seals

Pay is OK, workload is too much and management doesn't do much

Former Employee - Database Administrator
Former Employee - Database Administrator

I worked at Easter Seals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation is OK, It's not horrible for a mid-level office job.

Cons

VPs and management make WAY too much money and I don't know how they can sleep at night knowing the people who do the real work are paid minimum wage. The company does not seem to be doing well and yet the Executives won't budge on THEIR salaries. Working conditions are not great either. I did a lot of work on nights and weekends and was paid a below average salary.

reviews filtered by

Love the families and kiddos, disappointed in upper management

Current Employee - Program Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work that is done is life changing. I love the families and kiddos we work with and it is incredibly rewarding. We also have an amazing staff of BI's and Program supervisors that make the job that much more enjoyable. I feel like I work with some of the most amazing people anf have such a super dun job most of the time.

Cons

The organization has expanded to quickly and upper management has grown too large. They have lost sight of the mission of the company of the people that make it happen. This agency could not change lives without the very hard work and dedication of the interventionists and Program supervisors. However, the management team seems to care little about these employees and retaining them....So Sad.

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation for the employees making the biggest impact in the company. Show how much you really value your employees instead of giving yourselves huge paychecks and bonuses and cutting back on everyone else's pay. Offer opportunities for professional growth and advancement like supervision hours for people seeking licenses. Be consistent when implementing new policies and empathic in the delivery when it is going to negatively impact people's lives and their ability to function from day-day.

2. A decent place to work

Current Employee - Pre K Teacher in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Pre K Teacher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Easter Seals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits and professional development are very nice

Cons

currently undergoing some changes in corporate management that are making some things difficult within the centers.