Eastern Illinois University

www.eiu.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Illinois University

My time at EIU was both inspiring and rewarding.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, IL

I worked at Eastern Illinois University

Pros

EIU is a nice, close community to work. The people are very warm and friendly and always eager to assist one another.

Cons

The school is set out in a small town and at times there is not a lot to do after work and not a lot of places to visit. But still close enough to a decent sized city like Champaign, Illinois for whatever activity may interest you.

I loved my time at EIU, but would encourage management to get more aggressive with their alumni or whatever would put EIU on the map. They should actively encourage or promote partnership with certain fortune 500 companies to draw attention to the school, increase hiring of students from EIU. Several EIU alumni are on boards of fortune 500 companies. EIU has to reach out to them.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Eastern Illinois University (View Most Recent)

Great student job.

Former Employee - Gregg Triad Lab Assistant in Charleston, IL
    Former Employee - Gregg Triad Lab Assistant in Charleston, IL

I worked at Eastern Illinois University

Pros

EIU has a lot of different employment opportunities. This one is a hidden gem. Available to student with nice hours(20 max as all university jobs), and has nothing to do with food.

Cons

You take a small aptitude test to get hired; fixing simple computer issues,simple application knowledge on office and Dreamweaver, and computer hardware. So those with no technical knowledge it might be difficult. It can also be a little boring.

Very friendly environment, employers, and co-workers

Current Employee - Geographer (With Earth Science and GIS) in Charleston, IL
    Current Employee - Geographer (With Earth Science and GIS) in Charleston, IL

I have been working at Eastern Illinois University

Pros

Each department have their own work environment. The geography/geology department is very friendly, open, and pleasing. The people work well together, very social, and helpful to others (inside and outside the department).

Cons

I have worked in other departments (the food court) and are not very fair to student workers. They tend to look down onto the students and only allow them to work short and small amount of hours. The benefits that you receive as a student worker is just a hourly pay and the low level of student insurance. Not very much fun, friendliness, and not enjoyable.

There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Illinois University