Eastern Illinois University
www.eiu.edu Charleston, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great way to make side money and finish a degree

Graduate Assistant (Former Employee)
Charleston, IL

ProsThe graduate assistant position covered tuition for a Masters program. Additionally, it paid a modest stipend to cover living expenses. In other words, this position gave me a free Masters degree-it's hard to say that's a bad thing! Also, this allowed the student to work closely with a faculty member, allowing him or her to seek mentorship.

ConsThe stipend was a bit too modest, but then again the non-cash benefits more than made up for the modesty in stipend. The hours were great-only twenty per week, which allowed more than enough time to focus on school work and assistantship work.

Working for Eastern Illinois has helped me become a better person. I would recommend them to ANYONE!

Student Worker (Former Employee)

I worked at Eastern Illinois University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits, excellent people, down to earth attitude with minimal… Cons: The campus is located in a less-populated area making creature comforts like shopping malls a bit… Advice to Senior Management: Have benefits to Student Workers. They make up a great deal of your work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My time at EIU was both inspiring and rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eastern Illinois University

Pros: EIU is a nice, close community to work. The people are… Cons: The school is set out in a small town and at times there is not a lot to do after work and not… Advice to Senior Management: I loved my time at EIU, but would encourage management to get more aggressive with their alumni or whatever would put EIU on the map.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Eastern Illinois University.

Worked for Eastern Illinois University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eastern Illinois University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eastern Illinois University CEO William L. Perry. All reviews posted anonymously by Eastern Illinois University employees.