There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Kentucky University

Great campus, great people, great opportunities

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Richmond, KY
Former Employee - Coordinator in Richmond, KY

I worked at Eastern Kentucky University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mid-size campus, incredible support, lots of interest and energy around new ideas and innovative ways to fulfill departmental goals

Cons

Sometimes folks aren't held as accountable as they should be.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Eastern Kentucky University (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Contracts Specialist  in  Richmond, KY
    Current Employee - Contracts Specialist in Richmond, KY

I have been working at Eastern Kentucky University

Pros

The best reasons to work at EKU are the benefits. We have top notch insurance, free if you take the medium level, dental and vision insurance. We have 2 weeks off with pay over the Christmas holiday. We get 1 sick day per month and 2 weeks vacation upon starting, it accumulates as we go. After 5 years we have 3 weeks vacation. Too many paid holidays to even mention.

Cons

We have not received a cost of living raise in three years due to state shortfalls in the budget.

Top management, those who control the raises......The cost of living has gone up and we can't be expected to just sit back year after year without a raise!

EKU is a great place if you like a small town environment and workplace.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

I have been working at Eastern Kentucky University

Pros

If you are from the community, it is extremely convenient. Chances are, you will know a lot of people there, and if not you will grow to know people and not be displeased. Working at EKU was like a big family, seems like we all know each other and that's about a great a working environment as you could want.

Cons

The only one I can really think of is the fact that some of the older people in management might need to move on. Seems like a lot of tools end up in charge and things can go from great to lame pretty quick. Sometimes it's bad enough that you stop to wonder how they even got that far, but it's not super bad as I did enjoy my time there.

Some people really need to be evaluated for effective leadership skills. Others really need their work looked at, it seems like there is a lot of glaring errors and they go unnoticed.

There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Kentucky University

Worked for Eastern Kentucky University? Contribute to the Community!