There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Kentucky University

Good place to get an education

I have been working at Eastern Kentucky University

Pros

Knowledgable and hard-working colleagues, excellent reputation of the university, small and friendly campus, supportive community with low crime and good education, good president

Cons

Lack of communication from some administrative leaders, sometimes disappointed in administrative advocacy for employees, budget constraints during today's economic crisis

Advice to Management

No advice

reviews filtered by
  1. Marketing Intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Eastern Kentucky University as an intern

Pros

Great opportunity presented by EKU. I was provided an internship with the Mayors Office in Kentucky. I was paid for the position and received experience that greatly boosted by resume.

Cons

I had to drive an hour to work each day. I was not compensated for travel during the internship. At some points it was difficult to reach my supervisor at EKU.

Advice to Management

Continue offering marketing internship opportunities for students. As a marketing student I have noticed not many internships are offered though EKU.

2. Wonderful Workplace

I have been working at Eastern Kentucky University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My office at least is friendly and cooperative. The campus culture is polite and friendly. Benefits are decent, not Silicon Valley-level, but good. Pay isn't bad for essentially a government gig.

Cons

Frozen pay, budget woes, the irrationality inherent to bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Branding isn't as important as quality, but I can see where perception takes precedence.

There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Kentucky University