Eastern Research Group, Inc.

www.erg.com
  www.erg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Research Group, Inc.

Great people, great atmosphere

Former Employee - Analyst in Lexington, MA
Former Employee - Analyst in Lexington, MA

I worked at Eastern Research Group, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at ERG are genuinely nice. The environment is friendly, and fellow colleagues are there to help you, not to compete with you. The work schedule is very flexible, and if need be you can work from home on occasion. There are some wonderful, considerate people, and the company strives to help you solve personal issues.

Cons

ERG's fantastic support for personal issues doesn't extend to professional issues. It is a challenge to get feedback from managers, even when prompted. This is mostly because they want to be nice, and make everyone feel comfortable, but it ultimately presents a challenge to personal development, and growth within the company. Furthermore, though ERG strives to build a strong community within the office, it's not an ideal place to build your social life outside of there. Employees for the most part have their social groups outside the office.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Very good place to work!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Eastern Research Group, Inc.

Pros

Highly professional, yet at the same time relaxed and respectful of employees

Cons

Uncertainty from recent buy out

Keep up the good work!!!

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I worked at Eastern Research Group, Inc.

Pros

ERG is a great place to work if you're in certain work groups. There are many opportunities to switch groups, work on new projects and become 'the expert' in new areas of work. My fellow employees were smart, motivated, and hard-working. There is a certain pride that goes along with working for a company that does important environmental and policy work.

Cons

If you work for a manager who doesn't ecognize accomplishment, or even good work, then you may not get satisfactory reviews and raises. Bad behavior is sometimes tolerated from employees in very visible positions. I was shocked to have a door slammed in my face by a very senior person (fortunately not my manager).

Keep up the good hiring practices but implement a more structured review process.

There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Research Group, Inc.