Eastman Chemical
www.eastman.com Kingsport, TN 5000+ Employees

Eastman is uneventful and having a hard time going to the next level.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eastman Chemical

ProsEastman is in a good location. Promotional opportunities are ok. The company generally stays up to date on current technology.

ConsI am not conficent that Eastman salaries are comparable nationally. The company thinks they are family oriented. I do not believe that senior management values people. They tend to take local people working there for granted. Kingsport is a one major employer town.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit spending like a drunken sailor and then telling employees we are in a recession and that cuts are inevitable.. Lots of landscaping and beautification when the company and the economy are tanking.

Great place to work, but not a place for rapid advancement.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eastman Chemical

Pros: Ability to grow in a stable corporate environment. East Tennessee is an incredibly nice place to live and… Cons: Eastman relies on its location to protect its workforce. Although the company claims to provide competitive pay for professional and management positions on a national… Advice to Senior Management: You need to take a tough look at your compensation practices. Really talented people have left the company due to not being offered advancement or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Old-fashioned values, yet on the edge of technology and today's business environment.

Chemical Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eastman Chemical

Pros: The atmosphere is great; co-workers, flex time, etc are all… Cons: Small town, but there are lots of "outdoor" recreational activiites. Advice to Senior Management: Always solicit feedback from "the little people". Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Eastman Chemical.

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eastman Chemical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eastman Chemical CEO Mark J. Costa. All reviews posted anonymously by Eastman Chemical employees.