Eastman Chemical

www.eastman.com

Fantastic place to work

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN

Pros- Wonderful people that make for a great work envirmonment
- Nearly everyone you encounter is very compentant and easy to get along with, which makes it easy to get work done.
- A large portion of the workers have family that have worked there and plan to spend their entire career with the company. Having alot of 25+ year people around has made it a great place to learn.
- At a point in time where people are beginning to retire, so there are a good number of opportunities for advancement
- Competative salaries and benefits
- All the different functions are located in or close to the plant so there's excellent communication between business, manufacturing, etc. This also means the scope of jobs available is wide and workers are able focus on their stregths and use resources for areas they're not as proficient.

Cons- Since it's a small town if you're single when you come to the area finding someone here may be difficult.
- It's the major technical company in the area, so if a spouse is looking for a job and can't get hired on at Eastman there aren't a lot of other good options nearby.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a stronger effort to help place spouses and serious significant others at Eastman or offer aide in helping them find employment in the area. I have had a number of friends who were excellent at their jobs that had to leave to company for that very reason, and I am aware of a couple more who are likely to do the same.

Engineering Co-op at Eastman

Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than a year

Pros: People are great. Work gets done, but atmosphere can be relazed. Copmany still has family values. Found surprising number of fun activities… Cons: Possibly pay, but life is super cheap in Kingsport. Most of discontent amount employees i found was in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A lot of learning but did not felt sufficiently challenged. Depends a lot on your supervisor.

Chemical Engineer Co-Op (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Versatile business units. Great job opportunities. Great work/life balance. Employees work as family. People care and work towards a good company future. A good research… Cons: If your supervisor feels you are not super experienced, he does not get you involved as much as possible. That is why it… Advice to Senior Management: Review better with whom students (intern/co-ops) get paired with. This is the chance of the student to prove they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Eastman Chemical.

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!