Eastman Chemical

www.eastman.com

Eastman Chemical is a GREAT place to work!

Global Logistics (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN

ProsThe most important thing about working at Eastman is the people. The environment that is fostered at Eastman is truly one of family. This is driven home once one experiences a family tragedy, loss, or medical emergency because everyone bands together and provides support, both emotional and physical. So the fosteration of a family atmosphere is the foremost reason, to me, that Eastman is the place to be employed. Secondly, the professionalism that is continually on display at Eastman is unsurpassed. Everyone strives to be all they can be, everyday, regardless of what they do or where they do it. Third is the fact that the company actually cares, and does all it can to make everyone a success. Opportunity is everywhere at Eastman and one only has to decide to excell and they will be given opportunities not afforded at other companies. Benefits are generous with good pay, good medical coverage, bonuses that are based on fair and equitable formulas, 401K matches, and retirement benefits are but a few of the things that help make Eastman the wonderful place it is.

ConsA very few managers that have been with the company close to 40 years are reluctant to change and let go of old ways. These are good people with great intentions but somewhat slow to evolve and accept new ideas. This is reflected in the fact they are still managers and haven't been able to rise above this level, so this has minimal impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo senior management, whom we see in the hallways and cafeteria a lot, loosen up a little and smile. Return the hellos or good mornings with a greeting. It doesn't take any more time from your day and the perceptions that are currently that you are aloof and cold will go away. Past CEO's and Executive Vice Presidents have been good at making the employees feel at ease, so the upcomming new CEO needs to take a lesson in being more personable.

Great place to work

Operations (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for less than a year

Pros: Safety, employees, track record, salary, growth opportunities Cons: Health benefits, long hours, smell, heat, old equipment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ethical place to work

Engineer (Current Employee) Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Management and company culture is very honest and ethical. There is a very strong safety culture… Cons: Like most companies, the healthcare and retirement benefit packages keeps shrinking. Relentless focus on cost reduction. Flexibility in work hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Eastman Chemical.

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!