Eastman Chemical

www.eastman.com
  www.eastman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eastman Chemical

Eastman cares about its people

Current Employee - Global Product and Pricing Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Global Product and Pricing Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Eastman cares about its people through open communication, training opportunities, career advancement and work-life balance - SAFETY is a top priority. I like the focus on innovation and customer engagement to drive results.

Cons

Historically, the feeling was that in order to advance your career you had to go through Kingsport, TN. My observation is that this mindset is changing and that there are growth opportunities globally.

810 Other Employee Reviews for Eastman Chemical (View Most Recent)

Eastman Chemical has been a great company for me to earn a living and support my family.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are many pros to working at Eastman. Those at the top of my list include: location--East Tennessee is a beautiful place to live and offers many outdoor activities; salary--among the best in the area; opportunities to advance--so many different areas to work in and learn new skills; quality coworkers--high standards for contribution and behavior; leadership--many managers are invested in the success of their employees; community--Eastman is very supportive of the local community and strives to be a good neighbor and the community benefits as a result; benefit package--Eastman offers competitive health, dental and retirement packages; health and wellness focus--many opportunities and encouragement to be fit and conscious of health.

Cons

There are hazards of working at any chemical company. You just have to be aware of your surroundings and watch out for your coworkers. The smells of the plant can be intense and unpleasant at times.

Words to live by: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Working at Eastman for over 30 years has greatly enriched the quality of my personal and family life.

Current Employee - General Manager in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Longview, TX

I have been working at Eastman Chemical full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Eastman has a strong set of core values that guide all decision making. Eastman understands that a strong learning culture is key to sustaining long term success and consequently makes regular investments in development activities for all team members.

Cons

Eastman culture and non traditional locations of major facilities is not for everyone. Focus on quality of work life and outside of work standard of living is not valued by some people as much as others.

Continue setting high performance expectations for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Eastman Chemical