Eastman Kodak

www.kodak.com

Mixed Bag

Program Manager (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsCompany has great potential to break out and grow as smaller, leaner company as it emerges from Chapter 11. Great folks in the working ranks and good executive management in Dayton operation. Even if Kodak goes Chapter 7, the Dayton operation is most likely to survive through acquisition.

ConsStill continues to be overburdened by culture of mega-corporation, especially in the the remaining executive management in Rochester, including the CEO. Failure and unwillingness to break with old paradigms is at the heart of the potential doom of this once-great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo lean and mean. If an element of the business is not working, ditch it. If it's a needed element, partner with someone competent on the outside and run with them -- quit screwing around with the same boat anchors that have been dragging us down for years.

Started strong and continuously went downhill

Project Manager (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The Kodak values and the discipline to maintain the values, diversity,… Cons: Always in the shadow of being layed off for the sake of "lean" added… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate. Even as I left, communication was weak and obfuscation… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is just very sad!

Senior Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

I have been working at Eastman Kodak full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Was an excellent company to work for in the past- but no… Cons: A ghost of itself Management is out of touch with reality- has… Advice to Senior Management: Get a management team that cares about the company to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Eastman Kodak.

Worked for Eastman Kodak? Contribute to the Community!