There are newer employer reviews for Eastman Kodak

Once a great company, now in chaos

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Eastman Kodak full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Once had great people, great opportunities, strong consumer brand. Moving around was easy, lots of opportunity, both consumer and commercial. Now its all commercial.

Cons

30 years of downsizing, ineffectual leadership and vision. The brand was strong, but in transitioning to digital focus was on physical product and not enough on emotional side. No investment in brand led to irrelevance, and the brand standing for value or low price.

Leaving the consumer brand to die on the vine was a big mistake.

reviews filtered by
  1. Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Program Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Eastman Kodak full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company has great potential to break out and grow as smaller, leaner company as it emerges from Chapter 11. Great folks in the working ranks and good executive management in Dayton operation. Even if Kodak goes Chapter 7, the Dayton operation is most likely to survive through acquisition.

Cons

Still continues to be overburdened by culture of mega-corporation, especially in the the remaining executive management in Rochester, including the CEO. Failure and unwillingness to break with old paradigms is at the heart of the potential doom of this once-great company.

Go lean and mean. If an element of the business is not working, ditch it. If it's a needed element, partner with someone competent on the outside and run with them -- quit screwing around with the same boat anchors that have been dragging us down for years.

2. Started strong and continuously went downhill

Former Employee - Project Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Kodak values and the discipline to maintain the values, diversity, and equality made day to day life at Kodak a good experience.

Cons

Always in the shadow of being layed off for the sake of "lean" added years of stress to my life. I watched nearly all of my coworkers leave.

Communicate. Even as I left, communication was weak and obfuscation the norm.

There are newer employer reviews for Eastman Kodak