There are newer employer reviews for Eastman Kodak

Corporate is all over the place.

Former Employee - Photographer/Photo Sales in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Photographer/Photo Sales in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Eastman Kodak part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were fun to be around and my old supervisor really knew how to keep people motivated and enjoy being there.

Cons

Corporate had ridiculous expectations of the workers. Did not let you relax. Worked 11 hour days and was forced to take breaks equal to 4 hours so I was only paid for 7 of those hours. I was technically part time so working 35 hours in a week, corporate put me on a blacklist and demanded my supervisor cut my hours. Then when 3 separate employees complained they transferred him away and they replaced him with a supervisor that didn't know what he was doing. The employees that complained were problem people in the company anyways and were soon terminated so it showed that corporate did not conduct any investigation on the matter.

Advice to Management

Get their act together and have realistic expectations. Give hourly and commission pay when we have to put up with people angry that their photo costs more than their meal.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Company has fallen a lot in the last couple of years and not just because of the bankruptcy but because of the mgmt

Former Employee - Middle Management in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Rochester, NY

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not many that I can think of other than they offered lump sum for the retirement plan (was "stuck" on annuity only)

Cons

Where to begin? Management could care less about their employees. So many of them are ineffective, but rake in big bucks. Wish I could do that...I didn't get a raise in over 5 yrs

2. Hurtling toward the future

I worked at Eastman Kodak

Pros

Worthwhile place to work when it knew what its business was. After selling off almost anything that customers would recognize as "Kodak," it's unclear what its future will be.

Cons

Out of touch management, though the new CEO may well clean house. Archaic internal systems, lack of succession planning and true employee development. Senior people are leaving and the solution appears to be: hire interns.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to tell the New Kodak story in 30 seconds or less. Ditch the powerpoints. Be authentic. If you don't have a great storyteller on your team, hire a skilled P-R and media relations person who can teach your team to tell that story to your customers.