Eat'n Park

www.eatnpark.com
  www.eatnpark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eat'n Park

Great company but the pay isn't the best

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Eat'n Park full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great training and skill building, great work environment, higher-ups of the company are on a 1st name basis.

Cons

The pay is not the greatest.

Keep better tabs on GM's performance and interest levels. Some seem to care more about their bonuses and what looks good on paper rather than the betterment of the store. If they don't care, no one else will either. It makes for a miserable work place for new managers who are loyal, want to excel, make a positive impact, and do a good job for the company.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Eat'n Park (View Most Recent)

It sucks you in and sucks you dry

I worked at Eat'n Park part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You become like a family with your fellow employees. After 4 years there, that's the only positive thing that came of it. I made a lot of close friends.

Cons

Lets see where to start. Managers playing favorites, managers talking about employees to other employees, managers not doing their jobs at all and sitting in the office on their phones. Sexual harassment claims either not taken seriously or results come months after the fact. No guarantee on what days you get off even if you ask or tell them there's a day you can't work weekly. You either get out way before your shift is supposed to be done or way later. (At least as a hostess.) Managers could care less who's actually doing what their supposed to or not. Clean ups are supposed to be checked but never are, so some people do nothing at all and others actually do everything, but it doesn't matter. As far as hostesses go, it seems they only hire people under 18, so the few older hostesses get screwed with the late shifts. Plus having a bunch of girls still in high school working with you is horrible since all they do is go and talk to their friends that come visit.
    During the school year on Fridays and Saturdays you have to deal with huge groups of high school football, cheer leading, and band kids who all stand and walk around like they own the place, scream and yell, leave huge messes, and walk out on their checks. Some of the worst nights of my life I think have been the nights after there was a huge band competition and it's me and the manager trying to seat and cash out a lobby full of screaming kids.
    Half the time certain departments are way understaffed while others are overstaffed (like the servers- usually between 8-11 on the floor at night.)
    And the last, but one of the worst things is the customers. You meet some awesome regulars who you get to know...but then there are other people that complain about the most trivial things you'd never think people would complain about. People yell at you, people call you stupid, they make you clean off the seats that the busboys were too lazy to pick up on. People argue with you about everything.
    Employees that ask to cross train or work in a different department either get told management will look into it and never do, or they get it right away if they're a management favorite.
    All in all, I've never felt so relieved as I did the day I quit this place. I'll miss the people and the fun times I had when I started, but it all went downhill the longer I was there. Every single person that works there is miserable about being there. Any smile you see is fake- as soon as we walk away from seating or serving you, 95% of the time we go and complain about being there. It's a job, I know. But a lot of things could be done to make it at least a little more enjoyable.

Store management needs some improvement

Current Employee - Waitress in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Waitress in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Eat'n Park full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to move up the ladder
    Good training
    Great first job
    Full benefits after 30 hrs/wk

Cons

Salary, base pay and tips
    Management
    Poor work-life balance

Don't pick favorites and treat other employees like crap. Care about EVERYONE.

There are newer employer reviews for Eat'n Park