There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

This is a great company to work for a while

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Eaton

Pros

It has great benefits and perks. Management will support you on the various issues like working on new technology but it will only take you so far.

Cons

This is not cutting edge technology company and don't expect something in return. It will be something "run of the mill" kind. If you are in small town like I was, you will be okay for few years until you have a family to support.

All the process, and procedures are so good on paper but it all depends on your immediate supervisor. Sometime, individual bias toward an employee could get their career path derailed.

reviews filtered by

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Clean work place, excellent pay and benefits. Wonderful place to expand knowledge, free classes offered to do a better job. Company support with personal problems.

Cons

Almost non-existing communication between shifts, supervisors seem to have their "cliques". A lot of favoritism seen at the company. E-Star system almost non-existent anymore, used to be a wonderful incentive to workers to go above and beyond their regular duties. Now these incentives are mostly given to events like walking etc, which takes away from the duties to make quality products for customers.

Reinstate the old E-Star system, ask the workers beforehand on how changes will affect them on the floor. Changes made by engineers look good on paper, however the workers are the ones who have to deal with them while keeping up production and keeping overtime down. Ask the "old timers" for advice about changes. They have done the jobs for a long time and know the problems, probably will have some great solutions. Follow through with it, not just promise that it "will be looked at", then never to be heard about again. Most ideas come from the workers on the floor, however the supervisors and managers seem to take credit for most of them.

finally a good job

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mountain Home, AR
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mountain Home, AR

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Eaton pays better than most and the benefits are good. The vacation you accure and the holidays are equal or better than most places.

Cons

It seems like everytime it starts getting warm outside, we start working six days a week even when we were told we would not work our summer away another year.

A model change is very important right now for the morale in our company, people can not keep their eyes and mind on task when all they can think about is that we were told we would not work six days a week again.

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton