There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

Hypocrisy at it's best in Raleigh!

Current Employee - No Accountability Towards Lazy Employees and Lack of Work! in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Pension is about it and you can call in sick as many days as you like, if you are that type of employee.

Cons

Have employees that take 20-50 day's off per year for being sick, or so they claim.
Work with people that are not experienced or professional.
Upper Management in Raleigh is old boy's network and don't understand sales.
Some employees milk the system and take 3 hour lunches, are full of excuses, and their manager protects them.
There are certain Manager's there who don't like conflict and have no backbone when it comes to addressing under-performing employees.
Preach ethics, but employees sametime each other all kinds of thing's which are not ethical.
They fire good employees who do their job for unfair reasons and keep those that don't even work.

What Management?

reviews filtered by

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Clean work place, excellent pay and benefits. Wonderful place to expand knowledge, free classes offered to do a better job. Company support with personal problems.

Cons

Almost non-existing communication between shifts, supervisors seem to have their "cliques". A lot of favoritism seen at the company. E-Star system almost non-existent anymore, used to be a wonderful incentive to workers to go above and beyond their regular duties. Now these incentives are mostly given to events like walking etc, which takes away from the duties to make quality products for customers.

Reinstate the old E-Star system, ask the workers beforehand on how changes will affect them on the floor. Changes made by engineers look good on paper, however the workers are the ones who have to deal with them while keeping up production and keeping overtime down. Ask the "old timers" for advice about changes. They have done the jobs for a long time and know the problems, probably will have some great solutions. Follow through with it, not just promise that it "will be looked at", then never to be heard about again. Most ideas come from the workers on the floor, however the supervisors and managers seem to take credit for most of them.

finally a good job

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mountain Home, AR
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mountain Home, AR

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Eaton pays better than most and the benefits are good. The vacation you accure and the holidays are equal or better than most places.

Cons

It seems like everytime it starts getting warm outside, we start working six days a week even when we were told we would not work our summer away another year.

A model change is very important right now for the morale in our company, people can not keep their eyes and mind on task when all they can think about is that we were told we would not work six days a week again.

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton