Eaton
www.eaton.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Good company for entrepreneurial career development

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
Eden Prairie, MN

ProsThere's plenty of room to chart your own course, if you're willing to work without a net. Many of the managers are good mentors. There are chances to move around the country (USA) and even work abroad, if you become an expert in something they need.

ConsEaton has it's share of sharks, but the people to really beware of are those who want to bide their time and just take home a paycheck. If you're ambitious, they'll hold you back.
Pride of product doesn't appear to motivate executives in Cleveland. They're more interested in the next acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints, really. Continue to invest in your employees. Consider investing more in R&D.

company with engineering-centric innovative culture that drives sturdy growth in the volatile global economy

Business Development & Strategic Planning (Current Employee)
    Galesburg, MI

I have been working at Eaton as an intern for less than a year

Pros: innovative culture, wonderful work-life balance, aggressive acquisition approach, diversified business… Cons: conservative, OEM-centric that lack the marking effort to target mid-stream… Advice to Senior Management: Improve the organizational structure. The company offers great career opportunities for employees to develop expertise in different fields… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company when your young and have lots of runway

Supply Chain (Current Employee)
    Galesburg, MI

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Opportunities for growth within the company if your willing to work hard and… Cons: Allows politics to drive certain discisions. Promotes people based on only who they know, or where they went to school, or what degree they… Advice to Senior Management: Quit thinking that you know what is going on in the business with your employees. Stop assuming that your MBA's ect. make you qualified… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Eaton.

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eaton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eaton CEO Sandy Cutler. All reviews posted anonymously by Eaton employees.