Eaton

www.eaton.com

Great place to work

Lead Controls Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsEaton hosts a variety of good people to work with. I don't generally have issues getting along with people here. I see them trying to improve things on a regular basis even if it's not too effective all the time.

ConsIt's not too bad yet, but the yearly reviews and "apex" goals are getting a bit tiresome and overly micro-managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat you measure is what you get. If you set a goal and measure number of E-Stars sent, you lean how well we followed orders to send E-Stars. You don't get a reading of participation, you don't create an atmosphere of congratulations or sharing in achievement. Instead, when I get an E-Star, I assume someone is meeting their APEX goal. Instead, foster the atmosphere simply by doing it rather than by requiring it.

Requiring patents is even worse. You're forcing us to waste our time trying to fill a goal even if we have no good ideas. This is what causes us to do something stupid and useless and sell it as good for the sake of fulfilling a goal. Teach us how to do patents and what is patentable then reward people sufficiently and they'll WANT to come up with ideas. Requiring it makes us simply want to quit.

Offshoring... As much as you think it saves you money, working with a team overseas is difficult, morale-decreasing, and painful. Less gets done in more time, the people get frustrated, and we can say nothing about it because we're forced to use them. If you want a presence outside the US, have them do business with people outside the US. For business in the US, keep the people working on it in the US.

Worked at a Failed Eaton Facility in Beltsville

Project Manager (Current Employee) Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Reputable company Diversified portfolio Ahead of the curve Cons: Not all facilities are tuned to corporate strategy. Aquired sites not brought to speed… Advice to Senior Management: I worked at a facility which was purched from another company. Old management was retained because the site was very profitable, however, the site did… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disappointed, let down

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Eaton as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: The people there were nice and the work was not… Cons: It was right after 9-11 and everybody was worried about losing their jobs. One day, management got everybody together and told us not to… Advice to Senior Management: DON'T LIE TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. THEY DESERVE TO BE… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Eaton.

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!