Eaton

www.eaton.com
  www.eaton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

Overall has been a rewarding experience - but, things are shifting based on significnat growth.

Former Employee - Business Unit Manager in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Business Unit Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Eaton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The foundation of Eaton and the Vision, Mission, Values, and Work Philosophies are solid. Overall teh work systems and tools are good and Eaton's reputation seems solid in the market with customer and potential employees. Career advancement opportunities are good.

Cons

Big company - so, not very flexible and agile. Recent acquisitions have grown the business to the point - leadership talent is spread very thin in key roles. This is a conservative and risk adverse company. Core focus is diversified industrial - OEM - and to a lessor extent service. Service as a growth engine has taken a step back 2012/2013.

Restore the leadership structure with strong domain experts and correct skill sets/competencies to run the various businesses. Leadership roles are not being filled based on who is the most competent to get the job done - but, more via corporate politics.

510 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Disappointed, let down

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Eaton as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people there were nice and the work was not extremely difficult. People were always willing to help if needed.

Cons

It was right after 9-11 and everybody was worried about losing their jobs. One day, management got everybody together and told us not to worry, they will not be having lay-offs. The very next day I got a phone call telling me not to bother coming back to work because I and many others were being laid off.
    Pay was low also so I wasn't really devastated that they let me go. I've moved on to bigger and better things anyway.

DON'T LIE TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. THEY DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE PEOPLE TOO.

Eaton works for me

I have been working at Eaton (more than 8 years)

Pros

- 401k and separate pension plan
    - highly ethical
    - environmentally friendly
    - community conscious

Cons

- degree requirement
    - requiring willingness to relocate to be considered for management positions

- consider experience, not just degree standing
    - don't allow "willingness to relocate" (or desire to stay put) to rule out potential managers

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton