Eaton

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

Worked at a Failed Eaton Facility in Beltsville

Current Employee - Project Manager in Beltsville, MD
Current Employee - Project Manager in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Eaton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Reputable company
Diversified portfolio
Ahead of the curve

Cons

Not all facilities are tuned to corporate strategy.
Aquired sites not brought to speed until they fail
My site was never onboard with Eaton Culture, or One Eaton

I worked at a facility which was purched from another company. Old management was retained because the site was very profitable, however, the site did not understand Eaton philosophy, and Eaton did not understand the site's prodcut lines. Over a period of 6 years, the site was beyone repair. Good people left, others were made to leave, HR did more damage by focusing on wrong aspects, the site went into a tail spin. Advice to management: Drop the sites which are not aligned with your portfolio and philosophy.

507 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Disappointed, let down

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Eaton as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people there were nice and the work was not extremely difficult. People were always willing to help if needed.

Cons

It was right after 9-11 and everybody was worried about losing their jobs. One day, management got everybody together and told us not to worry, they will not be having lay-offs. The very next day I got a phone call telling me not to bother coming back to work because I and many others were being laid off.
    Pay was low also so I wasn't really devastated that they let me go. I've moved on to bigger and better things anyway.

DON'T LIE TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. THEY DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE PEOPLE TOO.

Lie about company policies left and right

Current Employee - Cell Operator in Lincoln, IL
    Current Employee - Cell Operator in Lincoln, IL

I have been working at Eaton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, (most) coworkers have patience to train you, lots of benefits (paid gym membership, small discounts to many stores, great insurance, tuition reimbursement). Able to apply for a higher position (but based on seniority to get it).

Cons

You get told that the company's number one priority is safety, but sometimes it's obvious that production is more important. In the factory that i work, there is no air conditioning. Be prepared for very, very hot summers while working about 60 hours a week. I go to school full time, but no flexibility in my work schedule; you will have to fit schooling around your job.

Use the company's policies, but try to put some of your own experience and thought into how you work. It's always great to think outside the box

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton