Eaton
www.eaton.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Exceptional company to work for

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOne of the few companies that appreciates their employees and values them as an asset to the company. They are well structured with very good documented processes for most everything and I've never had a poor customer visit.

ConsDue to their conservative nature, they tend to be slow to respond to the market needs as well as timliness to market with new products. They're expectations are very high and many times unachievable with little release.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your recognition process. Simply having one does not mean it is evenly distributed if at all. In a high stress environment, it should be recognized that the work week is 40 hours and that those that are forced to work 50 hours a week should not be considered the norm but rather an individual going above and beyond what the normal work environment should be....especially for a company promoting work-life balance.

great company to work but not easy to move up

I have been working at Eaton

Pros: good compensation and a good career plan Cons: no flexibility to move laterally Advice to Senior Management: more empowerment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is a great at the start, but honeymoon ends fast

Buyer (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 401 and retirement pension and the other health benefits. … Cons: Cut-throat and employees bully one another. Ohio headquarters talks a good talk, but division, like Irvine do not follow. Little empires being… Advice to Senior Management: Stop causing division within the company. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Eaton.

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eaton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eaton CEO Sandy Cutler. All reviews posted anonymously by Eaton employees.