Eaton

www.eaton.com
  www.eaton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

Don't even think about working at Eaton.

Current Employee - Product Engineer
Current Employee - Product Engineer

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Used to be a good place to work, but that really doesn't mean anything now. Eaton is a good company if you are an investor because they will do anything, including treating employees like trash to make the books look good.

Cons

Where to begin? Incompetent leadership seems to be a way of life at Eaton. We get ethics rammed down our throats but rarely see it demonstrated at higher levels. The outsourcing at Eaton is a big joke. Quality and community support take a back seat while supplier business is solely based on the lowest bidder. No raises, a month off without pay, massive firings and suspension of the 401K match have made for an interesting year at Eaton. Years with record profits bear no fruit for the employees.

Practice what you preach!

510 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Good company, bad location.

Former Employee - Engineering
    Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Eaton is a very large company with plenty of room to move and move up. Pay is very competitive for the area.

Cons

The company itself seems to be very strong, although my plant was struggling. Tend to bring in management that are not competant.

I would spend more time evaluating your employees so as to use them most efficiently. Many people are unhappy with their current positions.

No pay for performance!

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

A good portion of the folks will be retiring in the next 5 to 10 year. This may help facilitate advancement opportunities.

Cons

Promotions and raises are few and far between for people with less than 10 years of experience. Even if you get a high performing review you may not recieve any raise. Make sure to get any verbal promises in writing. Make sure you are comfortable making the initial amount you are hired at for the next 4 to 6 years.

Pay for performace.....