Eaton

www.eaton.com
  www.eaton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

Best Company I have ever worked for.

I worked at Eaton full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company is by far the most business savvy, yet employee friendly, organization I have ever worked for. They do an outstanding job of setting goals, communicating expectations, providing training and resources to get the job done, listening to employees' ideas and letting them help make changes that makes the work easier, and the pay is strong, and benefits are better than any other that I have had.

Cons

There are some areas in the organization where certain leaders seem to move up together. If you are in that "herd" you can be sure of being pulled up the chain as your buddy gets to his next job. These are good people with good skills, but it is unsettling to see the inevitable ripple effect of them following each other through the organization. It makes people who are not a part of that "chain" feel that they really don't have a chance of obtaining certain jobs. Thank goodness this is ONLY a pocket or two ... for the most part, I do feel there is real opportunity for everyone who wants to learn and grow.

Keep doing what you are doing. Eaton is the best ... it's up to you to help maintain that status. Sandy, you are a brilliant leader and role model. When you retire, please help the Board understand the importance of maintaining the values that have made Eaton such a special place. Your successor needs to value "doing the right thing" as much you do and be as concerned about all segments of the business as you are. A strong leader is so important.

510 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Very HR Focused and ethically sound company.

I worked at Eaton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well and upward mobility is ok. Bonuses are paid well.

Cons

Many Silos. A few terrible middle managers can control a division with out any repercussions to their decisions. They have some bad managers.

Listen to employees. Get rid of the managers that are consistently complained about. Don't promote them! Get HR out of the meetings. Makes them less productive.

It is an excellent Company in which a could increase and apply my knowledge as a proffesional.

Former Employee - Buyer in Arecibo, PR
    Former Employee - Buyer in Arecibo, PR

I worked at Eaton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I found this position a great opportunity for my professional growth.

Cons

Everything is great but we need to be prepared to work under pressure.

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton