Eaton

Beltsville sucks

Former Employee - Maintenance in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Maintenance in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Eaton

Pros

The money was good and the overall experience was not bad.

Cons

The site I worked at had huge problems that I do not believe reflect on Eaton as a whole. The management at the site was incompetent and did not value the employees. They did not follow corporate directives and were horrible leaders. The management was made up of a group of people who worked together and it was very much an "old boys" network.

Re-evaluate the site management at various sites, especially Beltsville, MD.

557 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Eaton- a solid but hardnosed company

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Eaton is acquiring related competitors and growing at a solid rate. Future looks good at Eaton.

Cons

Worklife balance is non-existing. Comp time or overtime pay would show that management really appreciates its salaried workers.

Consider keeping U.S. plants open. Profitable plants are closing at a rapid rate just so ROS can improve a couple of points.

Trucks are boring, why are we doing this job?

Current Employee - Engineer in Shenandoah, IA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Shenandoah, IA

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Has grown alot and diversified over the past 5+ years. Decent but shrinking benefits package.

Cons

1. Where are we going from here? I don't know. I wonder if Sandy is beginning to inflate the coinage of Eaton PR and retire on his laurels.

2. Every year you fill out a long and winding employee engagement / satisfaction survey, and every year every plant forms teams to address the poor results, and every year the employee satisfaction gets lower. For the past 10 years at least.

3. Do I dare say it? Trucks, hydraulics, and staple electronics are all dull. Yes, noble ... but dull.

1. Where are we going? We're dying for lack of the vision we had 5 years ago.

2. Read "First, Break All the Rules" and focus on the 12 questions identified by that research. Pare back the ridiculous million dollar surveys to a mini-survey focused on those 12 ingredients. The survey needs to differentiate, rating "my survey" and rating "plant leadership" and rating "the CEO team" separately. The shop floor supervisor gets beaten for changes made by senior leadership, and vice versa.

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton