Eaton
www.eaton.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Big Name...no fame

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton

ProsSupposed to be a diversified player in manufacturing. Strong background in hydraulics engineering backed up with expertise across the globe.

ConsEaton is like this mirage that disappears when you go close to it. Atleast that's how the Service Centre out here works.

The manner in which pay cuts were implemented in 2008 left a lot to be desired. Most important, people were sacked on reasons the company deemed "ETHICAL". Employees lived under the constant fear of being fired, leading to drop in morale, motivation and eventually performance levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementGuys, get your act straightened up before its too late. Do not take employees for granted. Constantly involve/engage with employees across all levels. Stop being arrogant and high handed.

Work

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eaton

Pros: Eaton's workforce is committed to doing business ethically and 'the right way'. I am proud to have a career and with them. Managers are… Cons: As with any large company, you must be sure you befriend coworkers in… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to follow up with your employees to ensure timely response and feedback of any issues they may have. The annual… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't even think about working at Eaton.

Product Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eaton

Pros: Used to be a good place to work, but that really doesn't mean anything now. Eaton is a good company… Cons: Where to begin? Incompetent leadership seems to be a way of life at Eaton. We get ethics rammed down our throats but rarely… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Eaton.

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eaton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eaton CEO Sandy Cutler. All reviews posted anonymously by Eaton employees.