Eaton

Run, don't walk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Eaton offers decent benefits and training

Cons

It's a huge revolving door

Don't treat employees like crap

510 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Great company, but be ready to relocate...often.

Former Employee - Team Leader in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Awesome benefits!!! I have a six figure, vested 401k and I am in my early thirties. The Electrical Division is the largest of the four divisions...so there is a lot of opportunity for growth and movement. People are hired into positions with the thought that it will take them 1.5 to 2 years to really grow into the job. Development is the name of the game and only idiots don't take advantage of all the training available. The do fully cover advanced degrees...MBAs, graduate engineering, etc. are encouraged provided they benefit your current position and you have your boss's approval. They do like to hire engineers and you are allowed to move into other areas like finance, operations, HR, etc. despite your undergrad degree. You HAVE to have a college degree to get in the door and get promotions....

Cons

You have to be willing to relocate. They like to move people around. Many top managers have their families in one state and work in another state. They like to promote well rounded leaders with specific experiences..not a bad thing. However, you may end up having to 'do time' in Fayetteville, NC. Now they are encouraging global assignments, again, not always a bad deal...but it can be hard on your family. If you aspire to the highest levels of management, you better like lake effect snow. Eaton is headquartered in Cleveland, OH...need I say more.

Allow more telecommuting. Encourage more diversity...not just gender, race, and sexual orientation, but diversity of ideas, ways of thinking, and problem solving. Understand that it is okay to disagree, make the tough calls in a timely manner, and stop playing favorites.... your golden boys aren't always so golden.

Eaton - room for improvement

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Greenwood, SC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Greenwood, SC

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Safe, comfortable environment (in my plant). Management seems committed to employee safety, and rewarding the workforce when safety or sales milestones are met.

Cons

Miserable, hot working conditions at an Eaton plant in this city. Office politics rules the day, every day. Subpar compensation... for the life of me I cannot understand how managers sleep at night during "review" season. Some of the best performers routinely get paltry 2% annual raises. This does not only apply to Eaton, but our CEO's total annual compensation is in the decamillions, which is completely outrageous, especially in light of the information from the previous sentence.

There is such a thing as a bad customer. Heed the "80/20" rule; 80% of your headaches come from 20% of your customers... get rid of that 20%.

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton