There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

Experience was overall a good company however there are pockets of depts that have weak leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Eaton has some solid leaders at the top but most of the time it does not trickle down to middle management. Both Sandy Cutler and Rick Fearon are strong leaders and are moving the company in a good direction.

Cons

Managers are not strong leaders and do not know how to motivate their employees. Some depts, like mine, are very old school in the way they manage their groups and are not willing to bend. For example, working virtually is not a concept they would even consider.

Management needs to work harder at motivating and showing by example. If you are a manager, your reports are just as much a priority as your workload.

468 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Not what it used to be!

Former Employee - Trainer  in  Galesburg, MI
    Former Employee - Trainer in Galesburg, MI

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Great people to work with, great opportunities for advancement if willing to work hard. I would have nothing really negative to say about my experience there, I made regular career advancements throughout my 26 year career there. Company is progressive and diversified, and they have levereaged their portfolio to protect against market fluxuations very well.

Cons

Recent merger of Truck and Automotive groups into one Vehicles Group has caused major confusion within the front line work force. Large corporate atmosphere removes much of the individuality and talent of it's workforce. The move was supposed to highlight the 'Power of One', but it was handled poorly by upper management, and coupled with the economic downturn seemed to cause mass-confusion instead of the benefits as outlined.

As with any large corporation, management needs to focus on it's employees, employee involement, and employee feedback rather than the bottom line. Eaton holds an annual employee survey although most employees hold back their honest opinions because the survey has a way of leading to added work with no real results. Sandy Cutler is a great leader, but individual Business Unit managers have lost their true focus and employee committment.

Great Opportunities to Contribute and Grow professionally and personally

Current Employee - Product Planning  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Product Planning in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

This is a great opportunity to really make a difference. I feel empowered and supported by management to make positive changes. The company takes its culture and values seriously. We do business right!

Cons

By cutting back during the recession the salaried workforce became pretty thin so we work very hard. But we are hiring so things are looking good.

Keep up the good work and always make sure to listen and empower your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!