Eaton

www.eaton.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

Experience was overall a good company however there are pockets of depts that have weak leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Eaton has some solid leaders at the top but most of the time it does not trickle down to middle management. Both Sandy Cutler and Rick Fearon are strong leaders and are moving the company in a good direction.

Cons

Managers are not strong leaders and do not know how to motivate their employees. Some depts, like mine, are very old school in the way they manage their groups and are not willing to bend. For example, working virtually is not a concept they would even consider.

Management needs to work harder at motivating and showing by example. If you are a manager, your reports are just as much a priority as your workload.

557 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunities to Contribute and Grow professionally and personally

Current Employee - Product Planning in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Product Planning in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

This is a great opportunity to really make a difference. I feel empowered and supported by management to make positive changes. The company takes its culture and values seriously. We do business right!

Cons

By cutting back during the recession the salaried workforce became pretty thin so we work very hard. But we are hiring so things are looking good.

Keep up the good work and always make sure to listen and empower your employees

Worst experience with HR relation within 30 years career in Canada and U.S. combined !

Former Employee - Assembler in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Assembler in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Eaton

Pros

If you already got a job there well hang to it because this is hard to get a better one now and if your conditions are fair enough to stay why change.

Cons

The HR department hire staffing agency from Texas (because no other agencies want them as a customer in Sarasota/Bradenton) for as low as $8.28 per hour to fire them out 4 days during a work rush in front of everybody for no good reason because they state they have a problem with the agency and after contacting the agency they say that the employee does'nt work out there !

Give a briefing to HR people on new corporative policies for agency workers or else kick these unprofessional HR senior and HR junior clerk who act like kids out for good.

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton