Eaton

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

finally a good job

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mountain Home, AR
Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mountain Home, AR

I have been working at Eaton

Pros

Eaton pays better than most and the benefits are good. The vacation you accure and the holidays are equal or better than most places.

Cons

It seems like everytime it starts getting warm outside, we start working six days a week even when we were told we would not work our summer away another year.

A model change is very important right now for the morale in our company, people can not keep their eyes and mind on task when all they can think about is that we were told we would not work six days a week again.

510 Other Employee Reviews for Eaton (View Most Recent)

Great place to be employed

Former Employee - Sales in Roxboro, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Roxboro, NC

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Salery, Benefits, Insurance, vacation plan, retirement plan

Cons

Eaton great place to be employed

Keep in communication with employees

Not what it used to be!

Former Employee - Trainer in Galesburg, MI
    Former Employee - Trainer in Galesburg, MI

I worked at Eaton

Pros

Great people to work with, great opportunities for advancement if willing to work hard. I would have nothing really negative to say about my experience there, I made regular career advancements throughout my 26 year career there. Company is progressive and diversified, and they have levereaged their portfolio to protect against market fluxuations very well.

Cons

Recent merger of Truck and Automotive groups into one Vehicles Group has caused major confusion within the front line work force. Large corporate atmosphere removes much of the individuality and talent of it's workforce. The move was supposed to highlight the 'Power of One', but it was handled poorly by upper management, and coupled with the economic downturn seemed to cause mass-confusion instead of the benefits as outlined.

As with any large corporation, management needs to focus on it's employees, employee involement, and employee feedback rather than the bottom line. Eaton holds an annual employee survey although most employees hold back their honest opinions because the survey has a way of leading to added work with no real results. Sandy Cutler is a great leader, but individual Business Unit managers have lost their true focus and employee committment.

There are newer employer reviews for Eaton