Ebates

www.ebates.com

Great product, but unpleasant culture, no great perks - truly hated worked here.

(Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAt it's core, Ebates is a great product. Nothing groundbreaking - just excellent affiliate marketing. The CEO seems to have a lot of intrinsic leadership skills, however, he does have the ability to fix all of the so much, but seems to choose not to. Loved my transportation stipend.

ConsI spent over 2 years at Ebates and observed the following:

1. These reviews speaking to an excellent culture are likely fake - Ebates recently hired a contractor to make it appear a more pleasant place to work

2. Want to work here? Hope you enjoy some good, old fashioned hazing! You will be required to sing in front of the entire company your first week. These days you can bake something instead, however, the main objective is clearly to embarrass new employees. It's painful to participate in and painful to watch a new coworker, likely trying to gain their footing at a new place, struggle.

3. Try not to be a woman. I've experiences awful behavior from male VPs on several occasions. Whether a comment encouraging me to make my hair more blonde, or a comment on my pants, this became the norm during my tenure at Ebates. I actually do not believe any these comments were made with any malicious or inappropriate intention, they sure did make me feel uncomfortable.

4. Don't get sick. Seriously - no sick days. Couple that with a great open format office and things get passed around quickly. To be fair, they are quite flexible when people need to work from home.

5. People get really stressed and nasty during the holiday season. Maybe this is the case across ecommerce, but it something that the exec team could easily combat if they wanted.

6. Last year we got our MBOs in November. Yes. NOVEMBER.

7. Compensation is not competitive. Very little opportunity for career growth.

I hope Ebates great success and there is no malicious intent in this review, I would have wanted to know about these experiences before joining Ebates.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop condoning bad behavior, ask your employees for feedback, deliver MBOs on time, stop forcing new employees to sing - try welcoming them in a friendly manner.

Like high school all over again

(Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ebates full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pretty easy job and laid back work environment. Ability to… Cons: Required to sing and dance like a monkey as a new employee in front of everyone during the weekly Friday company meeting. High turnover rate… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A cutting edge start up with a warm family feel

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ebates full-time for less than a year

Pros: If you like collaborating with smart people to solve interesting and unique challenges, then you will find a good home here. The work ethic is… Cons: Growing fast and working fast means that communications can get crossed. New folks being hired… Advice to Senior Management: Never stop putting the customer first. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ebates.

Worked for Ebates? Contribute to the Community!