There are newer employer reviews for Ebix

Your skills will be challenged in creating software solutions for very large Firms in the Financial Services Industry!

Pros

An Ebix employee will work on projects geared toward creating straight through insurance processing (life and annuities) for the very large players in the Financial Services and Insurance industries. This would include exposure to clients like Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo, Edward Jones, Ameriprise and Fidelity Investments, as well as insurance carriers like MetLife, Prudential, John Hancock and Pacific Life. I've seen others comment that supervision could be better. In my world I see this as the autonomy for a self-starter and creative thinker to develop new ideas and solutions to solve client needs and industry problems.

Cons

Compensation is "Fair" but the company does a poor job of following up on regular employee performance reviews and recognizing outstanding performance. Benefits are good with 401K, Medical, gym membership, etc. Overall, I'd say that there is a lot more that I like about Ebix than I dislike and therefore, to me, it is a great place to work. The immediate leadership at the Vice President level is nothing short of outstanding and these leaders are completely accessible to their employees and committed to their success. Working with them is what makes Ebix a great place to work.

Advice to Management

1. Create a program for requiring annual performance reviews. If such a program exists today employees are not aware of it and it is not being enforced. 2. The company has had 47 consecutiive quarters of record earnings performance. How about an across the board salary bump to match CPI?

Other Employee Reviews for Ebix

Great Place to work, Great people and Good Company

Pros

The Salary and Benefits packages are very good. Company Culture is adequetly balanced with work - life balance Senior Managment Experience within the industry is exceptional

Cons

Bad traffic to get to the office depending on your route into the office. Flex Time needs to be instituted.

Advice to Management

Invest more in US leadership and the gains will be seen in profit and industry marketshare. R&D should also be another area for investment.

Excellent Business Knowledge and team relationships

Current Employee - Product Development
    Current Employee - Product Development

Pros

Ebix has spent a lot of time recruiting the strongest experts in their line of business to provide very strong internal business knowledge. This makes for a great place to learn how the industry functions and thus be better at our jobs. This knowledge creates the best in the business technology and that shows. It is so easy to be proud to work for Ebix when you see how all of our product fit together to make a "best in bread" solution. Compared to our competitors, we are the best. The employees, my peers, are very dedicated and driven. I have never worked anywhere like this before where everyone wants the product to succeed.

Cons

This is a small company and that makes advancement a little harder. There are less openings. But, if you work harder and shine, Ebix does reward their key employees. I have seen a good bit of career advancement with my peers.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for advancement and continue hiring both internally and externally for the best, most skilled employees.