Ebix

www.ebix.com

Your skills will be challenged in creating software solutions for very large Firms in the Financial Services Industry!

ProsAn Ebix employee will work on projects geared toward creating straight through insurance processing (life and annuities) for the very large players in the Financial Services and Insurance industries. This would include exposure to clients like Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo, Edward Jones, Ameriprise and Fidelity Investments, as well as insurance carriers like MetLife, Prudential, John Hancock and Pacific Life. I've seen others comment that supervision could be better. In my world I see this as the autonomy for a self-starter and creative thinker to develop new ideas and solutions to solve client needs and industry problems.

ConsCompensation is "Fair" but the company does a poor job of following up on regular employee performance reviews and recognizing outstanding performance. Benefits are good with 401K, Medical, gym membership, etc. Overall, I'd say that there is a lot more that I like about Ebix than I dislike and therefore, to me, it is a great place to work. The immediate leadership at the Vice President level is nothing short of outstanding and these leaders are completely accessible to their employees and committed to their success. Working with them is what makes Ebix a great place to work.

Advice to Senior Management1. Create a program for requiring annual performance reviews. If such a program exists today employees are not aware of it and it is not being enforced.
2. The company has had 47 consecutiive quarters of record earnings performance. How about an across the board salary bump to match CPI?

Great Place to work, Great people and Good Company

I have been working at Ebix

Pros: The Salary and Benefits packages are very good. Company Culture is adequetly balanced… Cons: Bad traffic to get to the office depending on your… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in US leadership and the gains will be seen in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Business Knowledge and team relationships

Product Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ebix

Pros: Ebix has spent a lot of time recruiting the strongest experts in their line of business to provide very strong internal business knowledge. This… Cons: This is a small company and that makes advancement a little harder. There are less openings. But, if you work… Advice to Senior Management: Create more opportunities for advancement and continue hiring both internally… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ebix.

Worked for Ebix? Contribute to the Community!