Ebix
www.ebix.com Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Lack of direction and leadership

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsWork hours are flexible and dress is casual. Vacation and time-off is adequate and increases nicely the longer you're with the company. Co-workers within the division are great and could be stellar given better direction from the management team.

ConsThis company is severely segmented due to it's multiple divisions (acquisitions), which makes me wonder if each division is not re-inventing the wheel and wasting development resources. Both upper level and divisional management make little effort to provide company and product direction, leaving employees confused on the end goal. This lack of product direction is also leading to dated applications and technologies that will soon be outpaced by our competitors. As resources leave they are rarely replaced, with their workload being poorly distributed to those who remain. Employee ideas on how to better our products and work environment are rarely acted upon, with excuses of not enough resources, time, or money. The salary is mediocre, and even with a great review, getting a raise in this company is like pulling teeth. No investments are made in employee training and technical growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf this company is as profitable as reported to the share-holders, you should have plenty of funds to invest in your most import resource, your employees. Re-structuring of this company should be considered as many of the divisions are only looking out for them selves, not the company as a whole. If changes are not made soon you will continue to loose your talent, product innovation, and most importantly to you, your profits.

Good for Exposer

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ebix full-time for less than a year

Pros: If You want to learn in fast growing company having… Cons: Employee's benefits are somewhat compromised. Advice to Senior Management: Please provide flexible work environment and also other direct benefit… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

No Match to standards of a Multi-National

XML Developer (Current Employee)
    New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Ebix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Big Company, Good Working Environment. Cons: Small Ventures, Incompatible Compensation Standards. Advice to Senior Management: Offers made against Job Vacancies are incompatible to Industry Standards,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ebix.

Worked for Ebix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ebix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ebix CEO Robin Raina. All reviews posted anonymously by Ebix employees.