There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

company review

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

The people that I work with are awesome. I am not micromanaged. The company is growing rapidly (room for growth).

Cons

The company is growing rapidly, which means growing pains. There are many acquisistions, which brings new knowledge.

Please take into consideration what your employees are telling you. Many of us have been doing this for years. Many of us feel you don't want to improve process and there are no ways but your ways. I promise that if you implement some of the changes we suggest, your company would run smoother and be more profitable.

138 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

Worst job on the planet

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Well there are no pros. First of all working in freight, or transportation is one step above being a car salesmen. The only people dumber than the management at Echo, are the dirty truck drivers, and shady immigrant "owners" of small trucking companies. The have no concept of leadership, especially in the Arizona Office. They bought out Advantage transportation, and those are the worst people on the planet.

Cons

Mid level management is clueless. They think they are so much better than the employees. Especially in the "carrier sales" department. These managers were the kiss ass type, and barely booked loads. I worked there 11 months, did not have 1 review, or goal setting session. The AZ office is run by all Advantage transportation employees, and they are clueless how to run a business. I have been in the indusrty for years, the AZ office has maybey one more year before they close it.

Yelling at people is not managment. In the AZ office they just yell, literally all day. The employees work in fear daily, not to take lunch, and working 7am to 530-600 pm is "manditorty" with no overtime pay. The business they are practicing is illigal. The AZ managers spend all day hiding info from the Chicago office, so they dont get yelled at. They are miserable people in a miserable job. DONT EVER WORK THERE.

Echo is a a legit place to work

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really good people. Fun atmosphere. Potential to make decent money. I started right out of college and feel I'm advancing my business knowledge.

Cons

A lot of time on the phones. You can do well but it takes a lot of effort.

Maintain the upbeat culture. Keep hiring people with possitive attitudes. Keep up the social events and sports teams.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics