There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Great Place

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training is thorough, great opportunity for advancement, amazing work environment! The Dallas branch is amazing, we have a great view of downtown (The best balcony in Dallas!), the work environment is fun, energetic, and laid back! Beer Fridays and contest really keep friendly competition within the branch and our management is great and always full of encouragement!

Cons

Hey if you don't like putting in hard work, like sales jobs, or waking up early then it's probably not the place for you.

138 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

carrier sales rep

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun, young work environment with decent benefits.

Cons

Poor starting salary and commission structure

Move away from the laissez faire management style in order to lessen the turnover ratio.

Executives do not respect IT

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The IT dept at Echo is top notch. The entire team wants to make a great product. The IT managers are great. They can be a tad bit arrogant, but name me one IT manager who isn't one of the most arrogant people you've meet. There is a real chance for advancement in this dept, which is rare for IT. And it isn't based on favorites, but skill level. However...

Cons

The Executives do not give us any respect or time to do what's right. They're constantly pushing us to do things quick and easy.

The pay and benefit structure do not match the market. The health insurance plan for families is the worst I've ever seen offered to an IT dept. The co-pay is almost $800/month. Most employees with families do not use Echo's insurance cause the cost is too high. It's cheaper for them to purchase it online or use their spouse's plan.

The 401k matching is the bare minimum a company can offer and still legally be able to state they have matching 401k. It's all based on very long term vestments so you'll never see the matching $.

They claim your bonuses is a max of 5%, but in reality it's only maxes out at 2.5%, vs. the standard 10% offered by most IT places. The upper management does not see bonuses as a way to reward you for hard work, instead they see it as some chicken feed to throw at you so they can say they handed out bonuses.

The high turnover rate reflects the lack of benefits, and yet they still haven't figured it out.

Give your IT dept a real competitive bonus structure. Pay for most of their health insurance, which is pretty standard for IT dept. The current benefits structure makes me NOT want to work hard or work overtime. We had record profits the last 2 years mainly due to new products pushed out via overtime by IT. But yet the IT dept is constantly given the cold shoulder.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics