Up and Down

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. young company and young environment 2. everyone is friends 3. your book of business is how you make it.

Cons

1. Management only rewards though who show the big numbers which is about 2% 2. Poor compensation based on what the company strives for 3. shady communication 4. you are just a number

Advice to Management

Make commission plan fair for all parties. Do not be shady Raise the base salary until things get figured out.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Growing company, stable industry, great company culture

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone who works here is outgoing, high energy and competitive. Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer. You are constantly busy which makes the day fly by. Its a big open room/sales floor with no cubicals so you sit with your team and all the departments are interacting and negotiating with each other all day which helps you learn the industry and stay updated on market rates.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times and overwhelming in the begining. Since we are a broker, a lot of the problems that arise are out of our control and then you have to relay that information to the customer/carrier. Yes, they are usually upset which is really uncomfortable at first but thats just part of the business and its all about how you handle the situation so if you getting good at that is how you do well.

Advice to Management

I like the fact that we are not micromanged but it would be nice if the Supervisors had more time to "mentor" us and we could learn from some of the senior reps. When you are new, it can be hard to know where to start or hard to keep yourself motivated becasue the goals seem so far away and are conflicting at times.

Growing company- great place to build a career

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and growing company with unlimited opportunities. Very supportive management, fun atmosphere, and great co-workers. Very comprehensive training that is beneficial whether or not you have been in the transportation industry. Not a mindless office job where you just go through the motions, something new every day. If you are a hardworker, competitive, and like a sales atmosphere Echo does provide you with the tools to succeed and invests a lot of time/resources in employees. Management is easy to talk to, very positive, always willing to meet with you to discuss questions or frustrations. Monthly reviews that go over performance, success, room for growth, and new goals. This office also likes to celebrate success and recognizes when you do a good job or are improving. New office is in a great location with many windows and lots of natural light.

Cons

Less sick days and company holidays than other companies I've worked for.