There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Pay and benifits way below industry standard

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager
Current Employee - Regional Account Manager

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Great hours
Great culture
Xmas Party
Less Mico Management than usual

Cons

No Money at all...what so ever

Pay more. Offer 401K

131 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

Great Culture, Support, and Opportunity in the Dallas Branch

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is competitive and fast-paced, but there is a lot of support. Management is open to experimenting with new ideas and going after different opportunities than they are historically used to. Folks in the branch are friendly and helpful for people new to the company. The Dallas branch does a lot of celebrating - celebrating wins, birthdays, milestones, promotions, etc. The company is growing quickly and there are some growing pains associated with that, but upper management has done a lot to make those changes as seemless as possible. Having come over from another brokerage in Dallas, and knowing a dozen others at other brokerages in Dallas, Echo's way ahead of the competition in a number of really important ways.

Cons

Being in downtown, it's a bit of a drive for anyone living in the suburbs - but the surroundings are still great. Freight brokerage is difficult, and building a book of business is not easy. It's a lot about confidence and your ability to adapt and stay calm for the roller coaster. But Echo does a lot to help reps manage that too.

Perhaps hire/train up more folks in Business Development who can help sell enterprise-level Managed Transportation solutions. There is a bottleneck in that process currently.

Dissatisfied

Current Employee - Client Sales Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun Work environment
    Central location
    Young office atmosphere

Cons

terrible commission structure, favoritism, unprofessionalism, competitive price driven market, difficult customer base to work with.

Management needs to set a better base with the expectations they have on employees. This is a stressful job in an unreliable industry. We are expected to close accounts, manage accounts, track our shipments, do all of our accounting and service our customers like they are our only ones all while making 35,000 a yr. The work environment is fun but the blatant favoritism of certain reps whom have not worked hard enough to earn the accounts that have been handed to them without anything to do with the sell-close process is so flagrant; all of your employees know who deserves to be rewarded for their hard work and who are given accounts they did not earn nor deserve

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!