Echo Dallas - The Job and Career I've been looking for

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

When I walked in the doors I could tell this was not like any place I'd ever worked, and I've been my own boss... CEO and COO of 2 small businesses operated in Dallas. The work environment, while rigorous, is a very positive learning and coaching environment, as well as being very transparent. I can email the CEO and get a response from him directly in the same day. There's no one too big in the company to reach out to with a concern, idea, suggestion, or insight. That coming from an 8 year old, Billion dollar, Publicly Traded company? "Yeah Right" is what you're thinking, but it's entirely true. The leadership in the office is involved, but not at the micro-management level (unless you thrive on micro-management). There's freedom of setting your own pace for your day and getting accomplished what needs to be done in a manner that you can handle. I can't imagine working anywhere else, at this point, unless I won the Lottery and never had a need for it. Even still, I'd be tempted to come in and run a small book of business. PS: If you're reading negative comments about the company from former employees... take it with a grain of salt. This job is not about the salary. Anyone worth their mettle is not trying to keep their salary here, they're working for commissions. There's no such thing as a pay cut when you're growing a book of business and getting paid for your efforts with that book. Someone talking about pay cuts on their salary is someone that shouldn't have been here in the first place. This is real sales... not retail.

Cons

I live furthermore out of Dalals than most, so the commute is a little difficult for me. While it's centrally located in beautiful Uptown Dallas off Woodall Rodgers... it's also located off Woodall Rodgers... which means traffic can be a nightmare. That's about all he negative I can think to report.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've got it right.

Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics has been phenominal in their training process.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cool thing about working at Echo Dallas is that we have tons of outuside events that keep the job fun and interesting.

Cons

The only challenge that I feel that may be a problem is moving up within the company after working here for a while. There are a ton of smart people that work here so the competition is pretty tough.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Young, Energectic, and Diverse

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Atmosphere-never once do I feel like I am "at work" Knowledge- You have the ability to learn not only about transportation, but other industries as well. Opportunity- Any sales rep, regardless of tenure has the ability to close large accounts.

Cons

Lost in the shuffle- Sales Reps can get lost in the shuffle, do to the large Sales Teams. Support Units- Echo is a sales organization, so some departments may only have 4-5 people assigned to them making some tasks difficult to get done.

Advice to Management

Focus on creating and rewarding other opportunities within the company. Sales support is a big contributing factor to Reps Success.