There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Have fun while expanding your skill set

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you are in charge of managing the accounts you close

great people with laid back yet competitive office enviroment

transportation not your typical cubical job and gain transferable skill set

Cons

customers and carriers often get angry and mouth off to you but you just have to grin and bear it

continue on the path we've seen recently adding more levels of managment and making teams smaller so reps get more one on one attention

136 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

Bad pay and no opportunity

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young/ fun culture. Relaxed work environment.

Cons

Compensation is terrible compared to other sales jobs. There isn't much internal opportunity here. Good stepping tone to leave and get a better job which most people end up doing. Huge turnover here.

Echo Dallas - The Job and Career I've been looking for

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics (less than an year)

Pros

When I walked in the doors I could tell this was not like any place I'd ever worked, and I've been my own boss... CEO and COO of 2 small businesses operated in Dallas.

The work environment, while rigorous, is a very positive learning and coaching environment, as well as being very transparent. I can email the CEO and get a response from him directly in the same day. There's no one too big in the company to reach out to with a concern, idea, suggestion, or insight. That coming from an 8 year old, Billion dollar, Publicly Traded company? "Yeah Right" is what you're thinking, but it's entirely true.

The leadership in the office is involved, but not at the micro-management level (unless you thrive on micro-management). There's freedom of setting your own pace for your day and getting accomplished what needs to be done in a manner that you can handle.

I can't imagine working anywhere else, at this point, unless I won the Lottery and never had a need for it. Even still, I'd be tempted to come in and run a small book of business.

PS: If you're reading negative comments about the company from former employees... take it with a grain of salt. This job is not about the salary. Anyone worth their mettle is not trying to keep their salary here, they're working for commissions. There's no such thing as a pay cut when you're growing a book of business and getting paid for your efforts with that book. Someone talking about pay cuts on their salary is someone that shouldn't have been here in the first place. This is real sales... not retail.

Cons

I live furthermore out of Dalals than most, so the commute is a little difficult for me. While it's centrally located in beautiful Uptown Dallas off Woodall Rodgers... it's also located off Woodall Rodgers... which means traffic can be a nightmare. That's about all he negative I can think to report.

Keep doing what you're doing. You've got it right.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics