Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com
  www.echo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Hire a ton of kids out of school, create mass phone waves

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Competition among your peers is not tough. I was 24 when I took the job, a few years of sales under my belt. Most of the 30 in my training class were 22 and just excited to have a job. It was like a continuation of college. Very strange. Either way, if you know how to sell at all you look like a genius in training, especially since the trainers are only in their mid-20's. Also, they have enough money to afford to pay you your small salary even if you can't sell, so job security is great.

Cons

Don't work here if you live in the suburbs. It's not worth the travel. You start looking at your hourly rate in relation to amount of time devoted to work and it's horrendous. My work day was 10 hours and 15 minutes, add over 3 total hours of travel a day and it equals a terrible life. You also get assigned a "mentor". Maybe you get a good one. I got one that had less sales experience than me and she was extremely condescending. Very unprofessional with limited knowledge. People there are just roo inexperienced.

Well you guys are doing what you're doing and it's successful for you. Brokerage isn't going to last forever though and I know management knows that. Can't beat pallet rates from the big guys and the technology isn't innovate at all like you claim. Not much value to sell for the educated customer.

146 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

Not so much.........

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Fun environment, great people, ok

Cons

Everything else, feel terrible when you get home

Be more reasonable and set better goals

Promise for advancement and commissions in a growing company...hahaha

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

young fun group of people to work with and your challenges change daily. Their is always something new to learn and be applied every day.

Cons

commisions are extremely hard to earn despite the promise you will break through to earning the 20% commission in 6 months. Echo's policy is deceiving in that it requires you to not only earn the commission percentage, but then it must be paid in by the client for it to count. With 30 day payment terms the commission is backlogged by at lest 2 months IF, in the rare instance, a client actually pays on time.

As an Account Manager you are also responsible for handling your own Accounts Receivables when clients do not pay and Echo provides very little support or backbone to getting the invoices paid, which is key for you to earn your money.

The bottomline is that it is extremely difficult to earn any kind of additional commission in your first 6 months, and you can expect only roughly $100 to $200 per month in your first year.

The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Echo is constantly changing which metrics are the most integral to success and you are always getting a different goal from every different manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics