Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com

Hire a ton of kids out of school, create mass phone waves

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCompetition among your peers is not tough. I was 24 when I took the job, a few years of sales under my belt. Most of the 30 in my training class were 22 and just excited to have a job. It was like a continuation of college. Very strange. Either way, if you know how to sell at all you look like a genius in training, especially since the trainers are only in their mid-20's. Also, they have enough money to afford to pay you your small salary even if you can't sell, so job security is great.

ConsDon't work here if you live in the suburbs. It's not worth the travel. You start looking at your hourly rate in relation to amount of time devoted to work and it's horrendous. My work day was 10 hours and 15 minutes, add over 3 total hours of travel a day and it equals a terrible life. You also get assigned a "mentor". Maybe you get a good one. I got one that had less sales experience than me and she was extremely condescending. Very unprofessional with limited knowledge. People there are just roo inexperienced.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell you guys are doing what you're doing and it's successful for you. Brokerage isn't going to last forever though and I know management knows that. Can't beat pallet rates from the big guys and the technology isn't innovate at all like you claim. Not much value to sell for the educated customer.

Not so much.........

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros: Fun environment, great people, ok Cons: Everything else, feel terrible when you get home Advice to Senior Management: Be more reasonable and set better goals No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Promise for advancement and commissions in a growing company...hahaha

Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros: young fun group of people to work with and your challenges change daily.… Cons: commisions are extremely hard to earn despite the promise you will break through to earning the 20% commission in 6 months. Echo's policy is… Advice to Senior Management: The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Echo is constantly changing which… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Echo Global Logistics.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!