There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Inside Sales (Carrier Sales Rep)

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great for right out of College, or if you are absolutely desperate. Base is $35k across the board, which comes out to minimum wage after the hours they force you to work. There are a few bright stars among the regional leaders. Young and funish for a minute, until you have to pay rent.

Cons

The company seems to value production, above all else. You will be forced to work 12+ hrs every day, plus a Saturday shift, which you won't be compensated for. They'll tell you that it's an "opportunity" to sell more. But we all know it's just to squeeze you. Soon that $35k is minimum wage and it takes most 8-12 months to "break through" to actual commission earnings. You will see a few examples of people that have broken through on the teams, but they typically make $50k for 12+hr days.

If you'd like to advance, there's a long line, expect 3+ years before you get promoted. If you ask to transfer to another department, HR will remind you that is the job you signed up for etc. Lots of bullying and shoddy people in the company that make trust an issue at all levels.

It's tough when people steal your sales, but when it happens multiple times weekly and the managers defend the people doing the stealing, it's a concern. If you confront the person, they cry foul to the manager which will only earn you a bad mark. Whiny, complainy, young, and entitled. It's scary.

People in charge of training have no leadership qualities, but are really great at being boss'. Hopefully things change, the long hours and conditions are pretty terrible and the constant mistrust among the peons that make the money happen towards "leadership" is unsettling. There was a kind of mass exodus when I left. Lots of grumblings of poor management being the issue. Worth looking into to avoid lawsuits and bad reviews such as this one. Good Luck.

136 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

All around great place to work!

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture, fun environment, company is willing to change and is not afraid to try new things.

Cons

Some long work hours depending on circumstances throughout the day.

Echo Dallas - A Young Thrilling&Exhausting Atmosphere

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are missing college/high school, then Echo is the place for you!!!!!!!
    Work hard, play hard is Echo's Motto.
    When you exceed Echo's expectations your efforts will be praised tremendously!!
    If you ask for help at Echo, you will have numerous people willing and able to assist you!

Cons

Angry customers, high school drama, some coworkers/customers sound like doochebagz on the phone, I am getting fat sitting at my desk all day, our manager feeds us too much, predator pray environment.

Quit feeding me...just kidding. I LOVE FOOD & MY MANAGER!!!!!! <3