There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Inside Sales (Carrier Sales Rep)

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great for right out of College, or if you are absolutely desperate. Base is $35k across the board, which comes out to minimum wage after the hours they force you to work. There are a few bright stars among the regional leaders. Young and funish for a minute, until you have to pay rent.

Cons

The company seems to value production, above all else. You will be forced to work 12+ hrs every day, plus a Saturday shift, which you won't be compensated for. They'll tell you that it's an "opportunity" to sell more. But we all know it's just to squeeze you. Soon that $35k is minimum wage and it takes most 8-12 months to "break through" to actual commission earnings. You will see a few examples of people that have broken through on the teams, but they typically make $50k for 12+hr days.

If you'd like to advance, there's a long line, expect 3+ years before you get promoted. If you ask to transfer to another department, HR will remind you that is the job you signed up for etc. Lots of bullying and shoddy people in the company that make trust an issue at all levels.

It's tough when people steal your sales, but when it happens multiple times weekly and the managers defend the people doing the stealing, it's a concern. If you confront the person, they cry foul to the manager which will only earn you a bad mark. Whiny, complainy, young, and entitled. It's scary.

People in charge of training have no leadership qualities, but are really great at being boss'. Hopefully things change, the long hours and conditions are pretty terrible and the constant mistrust among the peons that make the money happen towards "leadership" is unsettling. There was a kind of mass exodus when I left. Lots of grumblings of poor management being the issue. Worth looking into to avoid lawsuits and bad reviews such as this one. Good Luck.

131 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

I love it!

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun , young company. Lots of events to keep employees engaged and active within the company. Great opportunity to make friends and learn about logistics and it's an environment that's growing fast, we are always adding new team members and bringing people in. Great recruiting process and training, I feel like I have learned a lot and I've only been here 2 months. I came from a bank environment and the attitude and culture here is contagious.

Cons

Getting started is rough, but what do you expect? I do everything I was trained to do but don't always book a load (Echo speak for closing a deal) and sometimes it's hard to get started, but there are many successful people here who assure me they started the same way and had a difficult time at the beginning so I'm going to true them and stay after it. Hours can be rough too but I'm working with young people my age so it's hard to complain.

Try to paint a realistic expectation of the job during the interview process by getting more time to talk to current employees and get questions answered.

All around great place to work!

Current Employee - Carrier Sales  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, fun environment, company is willing to change and is not afraid to try new things.

Cons

Some long work hours depending on circumstances throughout the day.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!