I like my job

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

I really like my job at Echo. I work with great people and the day flies by. All my friends complain about their jobs and are jealous when I say good things about work

Cons

Benefits could be a little better

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people. Match the 401k

Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Took advantage of recent hires...

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Young environment Growing business Good local scene

Cons

Poor pay Old after a couple months

Advice to Management

Promotions are not available, training is too long and takes the wind out of your sails fast. Ok for a first job but you can make more bartending three nights a week...

Hire a ton of kids out of school, create mass phone waves

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Competition among your peers is not tough. I was 24 when I took the job, a few years of sales under my belt. Most of the 30 in my training class were 22 and just excited to have a job. It was like a continuation of college. Very strange. Either way, if you know how to sell at all you look like a genius in training, especially since the trainers are only in their mid-20's. Also, they have enough money to afford to pay you your small salary even if you can't sell, so job security is great.

Cons

Don't work here if you live in the suburbs. It's not worth the travel. You start looking at your hourly rate in relation to amount of time devoted to work and it's horrendous. My work day was 10 hours and 15 minutes, add over 3 total hours of travel a day and it equals a terrible life. You also get assigned a "mentor". Maybe you get a good one. I got one that had less sales experience than me and she was extremely condescending. Very unprofessional with limited knowledge. People there are just roo inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Well you guys are doing what you're doing and it's successful for you. Brokerage isn't going to last forever though and I know management knows that. Can't beat pallet rates from the big guys and the technology isn't innovate at all like you claim. Not much value to sell for the educated customer.