EchoStar

www.echostar.com
  www.echostar.com
There are newer employer reviews for EchoStar

Great Place to learn and work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at EchoStar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The place is filled with nice people and almost none shows any sort of hatred. Its a fun environment if you are in the right team. TONS and TONS to learn. The technology used here is not very common and is mostly ad hoc methods of dealing with things.

Cons

The company is not the best at pay nor benefits. I have heard of teams that make you work so long that they consider you not to have a life. But that's just few teams and almost certainly you could maintain your reputation of having a life outside echostar right from the start.

Please dont make the benefits a joke. And also improve the basic infrastructure like chairs and desks. I dont think that should cost too much and will definitely motivate the employees a lot.

150 Other Employee Reviews for EchoStar (View Most Recent)

Tough company, but best professional learning experience.

Former Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO

I worked at EchoStar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gives opportunity to employees to work "over the head" and if you prove yourself, you might get promoted. Great challenges, if you're willing to take on something new, they give you a shot at it. If you come up with ideas, they listen and usually let you go for it. I thought it was a fun, fast-paced environment, but I was single at the time.

Cons

This was back in Echostar's earlier days, Mike Duggan was not the CEO at that time, they have probably changed. But at that time:
    Workaholic culture. You're not considered a team player if you want evenings and weekends for your family. The management team was expected to be avail 24/7. Pay was on the low end. I was in human resources and could not get the management team to consider anyone who wasn't in mid-thirties or younger. Executive team was a boys club, foul language, hostile work environment at that level was tolerated.

Focus on diversity. Allow flexible time for employees with family. For a person who works evenings and weekends, allow them to come in half day once in awhile. Or work from home a full day. Glad to hear Mike Duggan is CEO, that has to have been a great win for the company. He seems like a compassionate, caring businessman.

Good company to work with

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at EchoStar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment and team environment. The department works towards excellence
    Ability to lead
    Leadership
    Technical Knowledge
    Ability for growth

Cons

Benefits offered does not meet industry standard.
    There are groups outside of the department that controls a lot of how things are run. This could be frustrating.

There are newer employer reviews for EchoStar