EchoStar

www.echostar.com

Help Build Broken Things

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsNorth location is convenient
Worked with some really good people, most of whom have been smart enough to leave

ConsBe sure you read the review below "Be the next cog in a broken system.” It sums up things very well.
No tech leadership. The company lacks any kind of tech vision or leadership. Disparate groups are free to create silos and build things in orthognal directions.
The company cares very little about investing in well crafted, maintainable software systems. They would rather cobble something together and throw it over the wall, building more and more technical debt.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some strong tech leadership ( a CTO with a vision maybe?) who cares about software too.
Fix your internal issues. You have so much self imposed complexity and lack of unity across the organization that it makes the cost of ownership and innovation exponential more expensive in terms of both time and money. You can fix it, but you have to make it a real priority and stop adding to the pile by short sightedly delivery the next piece of crap.

OK company for those who can take advantage of particular opportunities.

Digital Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at EchoStar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Mostly a good group of people to work with at EchoStar. A nice work… Cons: There is no system in place to weed out/retrain poor performers. Opportunities for improvement are not based on merit or achievement, but instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Internship Program

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

I worked at EchoStar as an intern

Pros: I loved the internship program. There were a variety of events planned out for the interns to bond with each other and meet company… Cons: The workplace could be improved. The building would leak and since there many heavy dishes on the ceiling, one… Advice to Senior Management: Find better office buildings. Environment can affect how people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EchoStar.

Worked for EchoStar? Contribute to the Community!