EcoTech Marine
www.ecotechmarine.com Bethlehem, PA 16 to 50 Employees

Great products but no room for career growth

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)
Bethlehem, PA

I worked at EcoTech Marine full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company focuses exclusively on salt water aquarium products, which is pretty interesting compared to what a lot of other companies do. Most of their products are pretty innovative, and they do have a strong vested interest in delivering superior products to their customers.

1. Cool products with strong emphasis on quality
2. Nice co-workers
3. Ok benefits.

ConsThe main drawback to working here is you'll never be able to advance your career. EcoTech might hire a couple employees each year, but it will never become a big company. If you are really into the salt water aquarium hobby and are complacent doing the same task day after day, it isn't a big deal, but if you're right out of college looking to get a foot in the door, this isn't the place to go. Don't expect any promotions, salary increases, or huge changes in job responsibilities.

1. Dead end job.
2. Low compensation.
3. Poor Management.
4. Terrible HR

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't mislead employees or give false promises. I ended up wasting a lot of my time and regretting taking this job. Don't hire overqualified people, and improve HR. Hire people who are saltwater fanatics for the sales and customer service roles. Also provide more flexibility and vacation time that you enjoy to workers.

There are newer reviews on EcoTech Marine.

Worked for EcoTech Marine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EcoTech Marine reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EcoTech Marine CEO Patrick Clasen. All reviews posted anonymously by EcoTech Marine employees.