Ecolab
www.ecolab.com Saint Paul, MN 5000+ Employees

Overall good, but this is on a downward trend

Street Sales Development Manager (Current Employee)
North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ecolab

ProsGreat benefits, it is fun, good friendships are built within the organization, micro-management is to a bare minimum. Fully expensed with company car, gas card and corporate card. Pension, but I don't think they offer that anymore. Big company so stability seems to be there and growing!

ConsCompensation of the SSDM position sucks, growth opportunity for promotions gets pretty stagnant and when promotions are administered there is no real protocol to how those are given. Sometimes people are brought in for interviews and sometimes people are just "given" the promotion. The attitude is always, "what have you done for me today?" Constant realignments and changes to commission structures throughout the company that inevitably just limits your commission potential. Hate the way promotions and "raises" are given as they all are dependent on what you made the previous year; there should be some sort of floor salary for each promotion.

Not a nice place

Finance (Former Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Ecolab

Pros: Solid financial performance over time,lots of international business, many opportunities to… Cons: very hierarchical, arrogant leadership, lack of respect for employees in some areas of the… Advice to Senior Management: Step up efforts on culture and inclusion, especially in finance. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

"Good Old Boy" network is alive and well. "Yes-men" move up. Very passive-aggressive managerial style.

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros: Good benefit package Not bad, if you dont plan on moving… Cons: Lack of honest communication regarding career advancement Favoritism and tokenism abound Pay… Advice to Senior Management: Don't believe your own BS No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ecolab.

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ecolab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ecolab CEO Doug Baker Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Ecolab employees.