There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

Controller

Former Employee - Controller  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Controller in San Jose, CA

I worked at Ecolab full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A relatively flat organization under the old regime. A very focused company on the operational side of the business.

In the western half of the country, there was excellent mentoring of the managers who worked hard and bought in to the cluster's operational vision. The mentoring environment allowed employees to develop beyond their own expectations and prepare themselves for the next level.

Cons

Previously had an ERP systems, however, kudos are in order for the innovative ways that they used the systems which they had.

They are currently moving to up data their ERP system.

None.

396 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

Out of touch with customer needs

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Ecolab full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My coworkers are great people who are always willing to help out with a project or problem.
    The compensation program has the potential to earn employees good money if they work hard.
    Relatively stable demand for the products we are selling.

Cons

I don't believe management intentionally misleads employees about their compensation but accounts are bought and sold sometimes resulting in major compensation issues.
    There is 100% pressure to make Ecolab the number one priority in life, even over family.
    The technology available to support field representatives is not up to modern levels.

Get out into the field and reconnect with your customers and employees.

Terrible Job

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ecolab full-time for more than a year

Pros

In overall is a ok company specially if this the first job with benefits

Cons

There are very long hours, lots of driving, weekends with no overtime or bonus for the extra work, if you like to work 60 or more hours a week this is he job for you. I wonder how is well recognize company when they abuse of the employes, yea they give you a good "salary" but at the end you are making 7 dls and hr. somebody need to investigate this. Everybody of my coworkers said the same thing but nothing happens

Please do something you guys are making field people pay with our sacrifice the succes of the company, I wonder what our customers think about this? Specialy the big accounts like hotels, restaurants and the QSR industry. We are people like you guys with families, morgage, etc that we only see for a few hrs on the weekends when is possible.

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!