Ecolab

www.ecolab.com
  www.ecolab.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

Interesting technical problems but too much bureaucracy

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Eagan, MN
Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Eagan, MN

I worked at Ecolab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

*Some interesting technical problems to solve
*Schuman campus is beautiful with a pond, wooded area, and wild turkeys!
*Opportunity for lateral and upwards moves
*Not just a chemical company

Cons

*Typical large company bureaucracy
*Decision by committee seemed to be the standard
*IT is too overbearing with their policies hurting productivity
*Reactionary culture - Management jumps at what competition has, not what the customer actually needs.
*Terrible vacation policy (10 days/year for first 5 years)
*Bad ideas make it way too far through the development cycle before they are canned.

*Improve moral by giving people more time off, improving pay, and giving departments more money for team outings and activities.
*Clean house. Remove under performers and people with a vision.
*The Circle of Excellence awards are a joke. If you are going to recognize people, don't just give them a glass trophy that will eventually end up in the garbage. Make it mean something by giving a gift of stock, cash, or time off.

437 Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab (View Most Recent)

Out of touch with customer needs

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers are great people who are always willing to help out with a project or problem.
    The compensation program has the potential to earn employees good money if they work hard.
    Relatively stable demand for the products we are selling.

Cons

I don't believe management intentionally misleads employees about their compensation but accounts are bought and sold sometimes resulting in major compensation issues.
    There is 100% pressure to make Ecolab the number one priority in life, even over family.
    The technology available to support field representatives is not up to modern levels.

Get out into the field and reconnect with your customers and employees.

I learned a lot working for this entry level companyin a entry level position.

Current Employee - TM- Institutional in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - TM- Institutional in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Great culture very aggresive, work hard, get rewarded, play hard. I quickly became the number 1 TM in a 10 state region!!

Company car, insurance, great out of college benifits.

Cons

No real advancement opportunities... No real professional development opportunities. Lets face it... we sell soap! Many of my customers are missing their teeth.

I really feel I have had to turn down my intellect to sell in the institution division.

Corporate Account Managers and Area Vice Presidents need to get off their behinds and sell something!!! I have been working for this company for 2 years... blood sweat and tears, 12 hours a day, and not ONE multichain customer (that is out of a TM,s reach to sell) has been closed!

We need some accountability here! Who is the boss of these people? Why don't they report to the field? CAM's are a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab